A traditional method that has been used for a healthier tooth is the method of oil pulling coconut oil. It has been practiced and used for years in countries like India and also in China. Nowadays, this method for cleaning teeth is also used in the United States.
As we have said, oil swishing or oil pulling coconut oil is a traditional method where coconut oil or any kind of edible oil is swished and kept inside the mouth for some time and then it is spit out. It, thus helps in cleaning the teeth and gums and other parts inside the mouth by clearing out the germs and harmful bacteria which might be present inside the mouth. It is a natural process which effectively helps in clearing out the harmful germs and any toxic materials from between the teeth, tongue or any corners of the mouth if swished properly.
This clearly means that this natural process of oil pulling coconut oil can be implemented by anyone, whether he or she is a child or a grown person. All it requires to know is how to use this method properly so that the result is more effective. With the proper method, anyone can get the perfect result.
This remedy of oil pulling coconut oil mostly works better when it is done in the morning time. Also, it can be done with an empty stomach too, that is, before grabbing any meal. The process requires a little amount of oil (coconut or any other edible oil of good quality) which is swished inside the mouth for a few minutes and is then spit out followed by washing the mouth properly with water. Being a harmless and easy process, it is also recommended for children who mostly suffer from problems like cavities and plaques. For a proper result, it is recommended to implement this method regularly and for at least 15 to 20 minutes (that is, repeating the process 3 to 4 times for a period of 5 to 4 minutes). When used regularly, the result it produces in the mouth is quite spectacular. The benefits have mainly included-
• A natural and harmless process; can be used anytime in a day and more than one time in a day.
• Effectively removes harmful bacteria and germs and also useful in removing cavities, plaques and other toxic materials from inside the mouth, therefore, helping in the shinning of teeth and removal of bad breath.
• It also helps in preventing tooth decay and strengthening of teeth and gums.
Being discussed about the benefits of the mouth, there are also some other advantages for you if the process of oil pulling coconut oil is done on a regular basis like-
• It is useful for persons suffering from oral cancer.
• It is useful for persons having sinus related problems.
• This method of oil pulling is also useful for peoples who have problems of constipation or those who are suffering from chronic diseases.
Apart from these, this method is also useful in many other cases.